Why we started
Having grown up in London we have experienced the importance of sport. By helping children and young adults to participate in sport, we can encourage and inspire them to stay away from the negative aspects which they may experience on a daily basis.
Increased sedentary behaviour, low levels of physical activity and a poor diet can have implications on health and wellbeing.
Being active and having a balanced diet contributes to psychological wellbeing, social interaction, healthy growth and development; increasing physical activity levels can reduce the risk of illness from diseases which are associated with physical inactivity.
Having recruited experienced professionals, in various fields; using football as our foundation, we have created and will provide an affordable physical activity and educational program that will benefit individuals, families and communities.
Mavericks London Ethos
– Increase the participation levels of females in sport.
– Increase the participation of sport in children and young adults, especially those from disadvantage backgrounds.
– An increased focus on expanding our Under 5’s sports program.
– Providing healthy snacks and healthy drinks at every session, to encourage children and adults to maintain a healthy active lifestyle.
– Allow children and adults to learn life skills through physical activity which can help develop teamwork; using sports sessions to build social cohesion and maintain positive mental health.
Achievements to date
– Weekly Junior sports sessions for 6-14 year olds in the London Borough of Islington.
– Under 5’s football in the London boroughs of Haringey and Islington.
– Providing half term sports camps for Under 5’s in partnership with Park Lane Children’s Centre, based in the London borough of Haringey
– Weekly mixed 7 a side mini football league for adults
– Specialised sport skills module program for different ages
– Deliver sports programs to local primary schools and children’s centres.
– A Mavericks London summer multi sports camp program.
– Increase Mavericks London under 5’s sports program to other boroughs in London
– Have a weekly disability sports program
– Expanding Mavericks London across London.
“Practice does not make perfect, practice makes permanent”